Getting Around HDA Limitation in Apprentice PDG

1494   0   1
113 posts
Greetings Houdini gurus!

I am currently going through Rob's “PDG_Foundation_Tutorial”, which has been very interesting by the way .
I seem to have hit a bit of a snag on “Part 8” of the tutorial where we are expected to turn our “street_grid” network into a digital asset and replace our “Geometry Import” with a “HDA Processor” which calls the newly creates HDA. Turns out the “HDA Processor” requires a “HAPI” license in order to function properly and that is something the Apprentice license does not support .

I thought I would be clever and just push on using the original “Geometry Import” nodes, ignoring the fact that it created 292 work items. That was all fun and games until I hit “Part 9” of the tutorial where we need to create the city streets. In order to do that we need to deal with four 73 primitive objects, not 292 unique primitive objects.

My question then is how can around this limitation such that I can still use a “Geometry Import” TOP that would bring in sets of primitives as opposed to a myriad of unique, individual primitives? Is there a work around the need for a “HDA Processor”?
  • Quick Links