How do I blend two Attibute Noise nodes and fade at the bouding box? i.e. Quixel Rebirth demo.

2055   3   1
109 posts
@21:09 you can see the network.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAw01Lk55SY&t=1266s [www.youtube.com]

I need to know what vex to put in the wrangle that blends the attributes and also want to know what is going on in the vop to fade the volume at the perimeter.

Basically, I want to know how to blend the two noises and then fade them at the edges, if someone can help me out I would be very thankful.

Cheers.
Edited by decksounds - April 23, 2019 10:33:50

Attachments:
noise.PNG (103.0 KB)

384 posts
Not in front of Houdini now, so can't test it, but to blend the two noises in the wrangle, you could use:

f@density = lerp(f@density, f@opinput1_density, ch(“mix”));

Click on the slider button to the right and you'll get a slider to mix between the two values.

To fade the density towards the bounds, you should probably use a relbbox in the Attribute Vop, connect your P, and create a ramp from 1 to 0 when any of the component of the result approaches 0 or 1. I guess you can use a distance to 0.5 for each component, and use a fit range with values x,0.5,1,0, where x goes from 0 to 0.5 depending on the size of the feather you want. Plug all three resulting values in a minimum node and multiply your density by the result.
Image Not Found

Edit: Added an hip file.
Edited by Tanto - April 23, 2019 15:20:17

Attachments:
density_wrangle_bound.hip (247.0 KB)

109 posts
Awesome, thanks so much! Those sliders work perfectly for the fade distance.

I wish I could buy you a beer!.

This is so much faster than simulation, I'm really glad I was able to get some help on this.
384 posts
No problem, glad I could help!

Edit: There was something wrong with my setup though, this one should work better.
Edited by Tanto - April 23, 2019 16:10:22

Attachments:
density_wrangle_bound_v2.hip (249.5 KB)

• Quick Links