Search - User list
Full Version: Trouble with glue constraint and constraint network.
Root » Technical Discussion » Trouble with glue constraint and constraint network.
CWan5
I'm doing a quick Rigids tutorial and I had a similar issue with a previous project but have forgotten how i fixed it. Basically I've created a little building, fractured it, and am currently trying to glue it all together via constraint network and glue constraint relationships. The problem is the glue doesn't seem to be.. gluing? and my constraints aren't highlighted as they should be, and thus my objects aren't constrained together at all. The tut is from version 15.5 and I'm working in 17.5, so I'm wondering if there's a new node or a default value somewhere that's different?

Here's what it's supposed to look like [puu.sh]

Here's what is occurring for me [puu.sh] with what is supposed to be identical values

hip file here [drive.google.com]

I used a primitive wrangle after a connect adjacent pieces node to add the following strings:

s@constraint_name = “Glue”; (which the glue constraint relationship should be calling to)

f@strength = 1.0; (just to add a base strength value)

I feel like it should be working and I've been unable to find the issue. Any help is greatly appreciated!
toenexx
I'm following the same tutorial and having the same issues at the same part. Only way I got it to work is in the attribute wrangle right before creating the constraints / output pieces, is change the line from:

s@name_orig = s@name;
s@name = sprintf(“inst%d”, @ptnum);

to

s@name_orig = s@name;
s@name = sprintf(“piece%d”, @ptnum);

After this, I was able to see the glue constraints in the dop network.
harekrishnaa29
hey can you provide me your hip file of this topic issue.

a big help.. !

https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/66896/ [www.sidefx.com]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.