Is there exist a node to select a point from a mesh by use the mouse?

1425   5   0
25 posts
I want select a point from a mesh, and use that point to do something.
And the point must be select in the view window by mouse, so the user can select any point of the mesh.
Is there exist a node to solve the problem, or is there any method to solve the problem?
Thanks.
Staff
3455 posts
there are lots of tools that will allow you to select a single(or more) point.
what do you want to do with the point?

edit SOP is one to try
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
25 posts
goldfarb
there are lots of tools that will allow you to select a single(or more) point.
what do you want to do with the point?

edit SOP is one to try

I just want get the position of the selected point, and use to position as a input to another custom node.
Use the edit sop node, the group is the selected point index, how can i get this value by use vex?
Edited by ChenA - June 18, 2019 02:23:56
710 posts
You can use the VEX point function. For example in a Wrangle node: @P = point(1, “P”, 263);
This would look at the second input on the wrangle node (1), look up the position attribute (“P”), and query the requested point (point index 263).

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini17.5/vex/functions/point.html [www.sidefx.com]
25 posts
DaJuice
You can use the VEX point function. For example in a Wrangle node: @P = point(1, “P”, 263);
This would look at the second input on the wrangle node (1), look up the position attribute (“P”), and query the requested point (point index 263).

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini17.5/vex/functions/point.html [www.sidefx.com]
How can i get the index(263)? In the edit sop node, the group value is the selected point's index, but how can i get this index?
It seems don't have a attribute to get the selected point's index.
25 posts
PS, i use a attribute wrangle node, input0 is connected edit sod node.
I want the wrangle node to run once, so i select the run over to detail(only once).

I found i can read the point attribute, but i can't write, for example i call setpointgroup, but it don't work.
Is there exist some restrict, or i make something wrong?
  • Quick Links