Can we declare a custom function before the main function and defining it after main function in houdini?

1349   2   0
16 posts
in C, I can write something like:

int sum(int a, int b);
void main()
{
sum(1, 2);
}
sum(int a, int b)
{
return a + b;
}

I can see the main() much easier in this way by putting all the custom functions behind the main(). However I don't know how to do that in houdini.
Is there any way to achieve that?

thx~
7759 posts
You can in .vfl VEX source files. You need to manually compile them though with the vcc commandline tool. If you are talking about a ‘wrangle’ node, you don't actually have access to the main function. The entirety of the source is a void function called in the main function.

You can also define nodes in C++ using the HDK and compiling them, which would follow the form you describe.
16 posts
jsmack
You can in .vfl VEX source files. You need to manually compile them though with the vcc commandline tool. If you are talking about a ‘wrangle’ node, you don't actually have access to the main function. The entirety of the source is a void function called in the main function.

You can also define nodes in C++ using the HDK and compiling them, which would follow the form you describe.

thx~
  • Quick Links