Search - User list
Full Version: Tagging Work Items Results
Root » PDG/TOPs » Tagging Work Items Results
Alejandro Echeverry
Hi,

Is there a way to tag work item's results without using the geometryimport node? Right now I need to merge two streams of work items, the first one is a simulation sequence work items (A partition) and the second one is just one work item, I need to merge both in one work item, I did that using a partition by index. And now I need to use each data in the next processor, the problem is that the only way to separate both streams inside is using tags (pdg.input(tag='file/image')) but unfortunately there is no way for the ropgeometry TOP to define tags, so I'm using the geometryimport node to fetch the ropgeometry work items and to define the tag. It will be very useful an option to do that for the ropgeometry node if possible.

Or I'm doing something wrong? Is this the correct workflow to fetch and filter work items results when a processor needs different streams of data from the whole pipeline?

Thank you!!

Alejandro
chrisgreb
It's a bit clunky, but you could use an attributecreate to copy the input result into a result data with your custom tag.
Alejandro Echeverry
chrisgreb
It's a bit clunky, but you could use an attributecreate to copy the input result into a result data with your custom tag.

Hey Chris!

Thanks for the solution.

I noticed that when doing this clunky copy, the new work item should be the second output, but its now the first; Same happen when you use a merge node or a mapping, the first input connection's work items are always second and not sorted by connection order like the rest of Houdini. Is this intended? or is a bug? Or maybe the merge sorted all based on work item's id?

Alejandro Echeverry
I'm now trying to filter each input by tag inside a ropgeometry using the python expression pdg.input(). Its working when I visualize the filtering inside the node, but as soon as I run the processor the filtering is failing.

Could someone if possible please show me a correct method to do this filtering by tag inside a ropgeometry processor? Or guide me a bit! I'm just trying to find another ways of working with TOPs without intensively using the HDA processor!

Thank you!

Alejandro
tpetrick
From your description, it sounds like it should be working. Can you attach an example file that demonstrates the issue?
Alejandro Echeverry
tpetrick
From your description, it sounds like it should be working. Can you attach an example file that demonstrates the issue?

Thanks for looking into this!

Here is a very simple example file, maybe I'm doing it wrong? Please let me know! I forgot to mention that there is no error message, just a fail state.

Thanks!

Image Not Found
tpetrick
That's definitely a bug on our end. I'll look into it today, but in the mean time you should be able to use HScript instead of Python for your expression. For example, pdginput(“file/geo/sphere”, “”, 0).
Alejandro Echeverry
tpetrick
That's definitely a bug on our end. I'll look into it today, but in the mean time you should be able to use HScript instead of Python for your expression. For example, pdginput(“file/geo/sphere”, “”, 0).

Nice, thanks for the info!!!
tpetrick
Sorry, just noticed I made an error in my previous post! Hopefully you haven't tried it yet. The HScript expression function takes an index, a tag, and a localize flag, so it should actually have been pdginput(0, “file/geo/sphere”, 0).
Alejandro Echeverry
tpetrick
Sorry, just noticed I made an error in my previous post! Hopefully you haven't tried it yet. The HScript expression function takes an index, a tag, and a localize flag, so it should actually have been pdginput(0, “file/geo/sphere”, 0).

Yes no problem! I looked at the help to know better the expression's arguments. Its nice to know that there is also an HScript expression for this.

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.