Search - User list
Full Version: Fill in parameter with string attribute
Root » Houdini Lounge » Fill in parameter with string attribute
Yehbe
Hey everyone, I'm trying to make a (seemingly) simple geometry importer where the model and the texture have the same name and path, the only thing that is different is the extension of it. So I have made an attribute that saves the path to the texture and I want to reference that texture in the material network. Only it doesn't seem to work anywhere. Anyone know how I can use the texture path to import my texture automatically?

Thanks in advance.
subscriptions
not sure if this is exactly what you're after.

I use this syntax to add a string to my render outputs:

$HIP/render/QNC_505_010_`chs(“../../out/GlobalRenderSwitches/folderVersion”)`/$OS.`chs(“../../out/GlobalRenderSwitches/customName”)`.$F4.exr

where the ‘chs(“”)’ are just what ever version number I type into a parameter string field that I created on a Null (called GlobalRenderSwitches) using the Edit Parameter Interface window.

With “Create Intermediate Directories” checked, it creates a new folder with the version number and appends it to the file name as well.

T
Yehbe
That might work as well, I'll try it out, thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.