C++ Wrangle Node

2562   0   5
9 posts
Hey,

I have created C++ Wrangle Node, it is based on animatrix's C++ Wrangle SOP [vimeo.com]. You can download it from its github page [github.com].

I took it a step further and tried to make the use of C++ as close to VEX as possible. Therefore, you do not need to be familiar with HDK and still write C++ code inside of Houdini. Of course, I have not implemented all VEX functions, I'm adding them along the way as I need them for my work. However, it is usually very easy, you just have to look up appropriate HDK function and wrap it in VEX like function.

I also provide functions to load and save mesh attributes as Eigen matrices, such that you can easily do some linear algebra operations on them.

Last but not least, there are also some basic finite element operations for triangular meshes, like computing mass and stiffness matrices. In the example scene, you can find how to use these to compute minimal surface or geodesic distance using the heat method [www.cs.cmu.edu].

The whole thing is quite experimental and will probably change a lot in the future. Thus, I do not really want to write some extensive documentation which will become obsolete anyway. Hopefully the provided examples are enough to get you started. If something is unclear, just ask here or file and issue on github.

Any feedback is welcome and I hope you will find it useful!
  • Quick Links