Search - User list
Full Version: Where is the hook located that saves a copy of the hip file in the working directory?
Root » PDG/TOPs » Where is the hook located that saves a copy of the hip file in the working directory?
Andrew Graham
Upon submission in pdg, a hip file is saved in the working directory for slaves to execute their workloads from.

I'm wondering where the hook is located that does this save/copy operation, and assigns the part of the item.command string relevent to this path.

I'd like to override that path location completely and specify it with my own so that it doesn't reside in the working directory.

The reason is I have jobs running on a cloud site, and access to the NFS shared working directory is fine for small payloads like most things I see in the pdg working dir, but hip files are too large for that, so I'd like to replace it with a localised path for the location to ease the VPN traffic per task.

I do currently have a solution to this by altering the item command during the onScheduled callback to do this, but it seems a bit of a post fix hack- it would be good if I could do these alterations where all this is initialised in the first place to ensure the hip files in both locations are identical.

Thanks if you have any ideas on how this might be possible.

Andrew Graham
chrisgreb
The hook is in the scheduler python class: PyScheduler.transferFile , which is currently defined in $HFS/python2.7libs/pdg/scheduler.py
Andrew Graham
Thanks Chris. I can locate that thanks to you now, however I can't find any ref to that function being called with the deadline scheduler. during submission with deadline where would the location be to call transferFile on the hip and set the item command path to the saved hip path?
seelan
This has been added as an RFE (98614).
Andrew Graham
Thanks Seelan.
Andrew Graham
Apologies, there might be a bit of confusion. that rfe is discussing how to create hooks in order to set version parms on rop nodes as a callback.

I created RFE 99047 now to suggest providing a hip path parameter that a user can override used for all tops submissions on schedulers. this would also easily allow tracking of submissions by date/time if a user set that path with a time during preflight.

https://www.sidefx.com/bugs/#/bug/99047 [www.sidefx.com]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.