Clarification on inputs for Gas Field Wrangle please

1673   1   1
31 posts
Hi,
This is probably a really easy question for someone but I am stumped. I want to use a gas field wrangle to lookup values other than the current voxel. Imagine, for example, that I want to make a simple blur field as a gas field wrangle. I will need to look up the values of the voxels around the current voxel.
I see that I need to use volumesample but I am confused as to how I organise the inputs. I have no actual input to the wrangle node. it's being evaluated by the gassubsetep node.
So I think I need something like volumesample(0, “fieldToSampleName”, @P+XYZ)
Then I think I have to change input 0 (under the inputs tab of the wrangle node) to point to some “DOP data”. However I can't quite work out what that DOP data path should look like. I have read the manual but no amount of trying things has worked so far.
Should the DOP Data path be pointing to my empty object? (in this case “dopnet1/emptyobject1”)? Or should it also include a ref to my field name?
I am a bit lost here.
Thanks in advance,
Philip
39 posts
Philip, you need to point the Gas Field Wrangle input that you're grabbing to the DOP data, so for “Input 1” in the “Inputs” tab you'd set it to “DOP Data”
As for the path, it's your ‘smoke object name/volume name’
I've attached an example, it's picking up the density channel from my ‘smoke’ object. So “smoke/density” (minus quotes) for the path.
Hope this makes sense?
–Dave

Attachments:
DStewart_DOPs_GasFieldWrangle_InputSetup_01.hiplc (518.9 KB)

• Quick Links