creep sop and polysplit in the same network

1251   2   0
115 posts
Hi all,

i know my noob brain is to blame here…. I'm using the creep sop to flow some points over a surface which works well, until i want to edit the base mesh with polysplit. Without polysplit the convert node to turn polymesh into nurbs surface says I have 1 nurbs surface as I would expect, but adding an edgeloop i now get 90 individual nurbs surfaces and my flowing points are understandably only flowing in the first one. I don't fully understand geometry in houdini as it's so different to other software and I imagine this is part of the problem. I've tried a shed load of convert options, nurbs nodes, remesh, sort… the list goes on but no dice.

Any clues?

Using 17.0.059 Win7

cheers,
Andi.

Uploaded a simple hip just in case…

Attachments:
creep_polysplit_problem.hip (189.7 KB)

7739 posts
The polysplit leaves the mesh in a disorderly state.

Shifting the vertices (reverse sop) so that they are all wound starting at the same corner allows the convert to grok the polys as a mesh again.

Enabling vertex number display in the scene viewer will illustrate this better.

The shared vertices should all look like this:

3 0
2 1
Edited by jsmack - Aug. 28, 2019 16:09:07
115 posts
cheers for that, might take a while to work my way through a massive piece of geo but at least there's a fix. Could this behavior be considered a bug do you think? It's certainly not first choice behavior so I might put a feature request or bug report in.
  • Quick Links