Decrease "Display quality" hair

2405   2   2
17 posts
I am trying to make hair in Houdini. I have one problem. When I apply the spring SOP to the hair curves the Houdini goes very slow. I have some experience in hair with MAYA. In MAYA it is possible to decrease the “display quality” of the hair system and reduce the numbers of visible NURBS curves, without reducing the real number of curves. With this way you can modify the whole hair when you modify only a fewer curves. Is there a similar function or a another way in Houdini to work with hair more fast?
4256 posts
Usually you would have a limited number of guide hairs on the geometry which you would apply animation to (be it with the Spring SOP or Wire DOP), then you would use something like the Fur SOP to generate tons of new hair/fun based on those moving guides.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
17 posts
I am new in Houdini and … I was working with a full hair that I had done with Maya. I have seen examples of guides and rest nodes that you and others had post in the forum. It is very interesting. I am going to study it with more detail. Thanks.
  • Quick Links