HDA rotate points curve and add tunnel

2170   2   1
1 posts
Hi!
I'm trying to create a digital asset spline.
Actually I used a CURVE to set the path points, a LINE for set width and SWEEP node to generate the road. I also create @rot attribute for “transform Gizmos” in Unreal.
Image Not Found

I would like to be able to rotate point by point the inclination of the road using handles, but how can I do it in Houdini? At the moment I can only translate points.

For Unreal changes:I can rotate point by point, but how can I save the starting position and rotation of the single points and see the changed values, like Unreal transform?

I'd like to be able to do something similar to this video.
How can procedural tunnels be added only at certain points on the spline?
https://youtu.be/cDOJCRKQ7EE

Can anyone give me advice? I am not finding much information about it,
Thaks a lot.

Attachments:
Spline.JPG (184.1 KB)
TestCurve.hip (74.0 KB)
Rotate.JPG (25.9 KB)
transform.JPG (22.4 KB)

13 posts
carmine.napolitano
Hi!
I'm trying to create a digital asset spline.
Actually I used a CURVE to set the path points, a LINE for set width and SWEEP node to generate the road. I also create @rot attribute for "transform Gizmos" in Unreal.
Image Not Found

I would like to be able to rotate point by point the inclination of the road using handles, but how can I do it in Houdini? At the moment I can only translate points.
Image Not Found

For Unreal changes:I can rotate point by point, but how can I save the starting position and rotation of the single points and see the changed values, like Unreal transform?
Image Not Found

Image Not Found

I'd like to be able to do something similar to this video.
How can procedural tunnels be added only at certain points on the spline?
https://youtu.be/cDOJCRKQ7EE

Can anyone give me advice? I am not finding much information about it,
Thaks a lot.
you and a whole lot of people want this functionality for unity aswell ,but alas you can only do janky workarounds for now
Staff
534 posts
Hi,

In unreal, if you use a Curve Input, then you can control rot/scale values per points.
Since you're using the rotation for the tracks, you could use the scale values (Y/Z) of the points to decide if you want tunnels or not.

Alternatively, you could place volumes/boxes in UE, and use them to let your tool know where to place tunnel.
  • Quick Links