Search - User list
Full Version: Rotation instance issue with unity_instance attribute
Root » Houdini Engine for Unity » Rotation instance issue with unity_instance attribute
v_chernobay
I faced with issue with instance rotation when I use “unity_instance” attribute (see attached video). It's problem appear when prefab has non-zero rotation in X axis.
If I use “instance” attribute issue don't appears.

Houdini version: 17.5.376
Unity version: 2018.4.4f1
squaredanced
Hello! I have the same issue. We have a bunch of prefabs with non-zero rotation on x-axis (-90,0,0), and we can't fix them all 'cause it will mess up many levels that already been made. And we still need full control on rotation in our instanced prefabs. The issue ruins many of our assets. So we have two choices: we lose our prefabs and get predictable rotations, or we save our prefabs and rotations all messed up. We can accept none of these options. Files attached in the previous message illustrate the issue pretty clear. Please have a look at it. Thank you in advance.
seelan
I'll investigate this. Thank you.
seelan
This is fixed in Houdini 17.5.389 (tomorrow's daily build).
v_chernobay
Thank you. Rotation by X axis works correct now. But rotation by axis Y and Z is changed among themselves. Instance rotates by Y axis when I rotate by Z axis. And rotates by Z when I rotate by Y.
In the HDA that I attached earlier, when switching between attributes “unity_instance” and “instance”, rotation mismatch is noticeable.
seelan
I am not seeing this problem with your HDA.
v_chernobay
I recorded video with problem.
seelan
Fixed in 17.5.423+
v_chernobay
Thank You!
v_chernobay
Hi!
There is same bug but with scales. The Y and Z axes are also flipped.
In attachment I upload a new hda file in which the scales and flips are added for testing. And a new package with teapots to check flips.

Thanks!
seelan
That is due to the prefab you are specifying for the unity_instance. In your screenshot, you are using the deform_90 version, which is rotated, so when you apply the scale it applies to the imported rotated prefab. If you change to the regular deform, it should work properly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.