Search - User list
Full Version: Exporting Vertex color when using VAT
Root » Houdini Engine for Unreal » Exporting Vertex color when using VAT
coolkalle
I've got a fluid sim set up in Houdini that I've succesfully brought into UE4 using Vertex animation textures. When importing the resulting .FBX into UE4 I noticed that all Vertex colors are completely white despite having set custom values for them inside of Houdini. At first I assumed Houdini didn't export Vertex colors, but when I tried exporing a single frame of my sim as an .FBX using the ROP FBX Output node all my vertex color data came through like I wanted. Does the VAT export get rid of vertex color when exporting?
mikelyndon-sesi
If you’re exporting a fluid sim, the point count changes every frame. So the exporter creates a set of triangles with a constant colour. You need to export the colour texture to capture the vertex colour.
allen747423517
米克林顿·塞西
If you’re exporting a fluid sim, the point count changes every frame. So the exporter creates a set of triangles with a constant colour. You need to export the colour texture to capture the vertex colour.
Run into the same problem.How to export the Colormap of VAT is there any reference?Thanks.
I'm using Uniy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.