Search - User list
Full Version: Ocean Spectrum foam and downsampling
Root » Houdini Lounge » Ocean Spectrum foam and downsampling
Dean_19
Hello all,

I'm using 2 merged ocean spectra to generate a large ocean, and then plugging it into the foam sop. The 2 ocean spectra represent low freq and high freq waves, with the high freq spectra being very high res (12 res. exponent) and the low freq being only 8/9. This makes the foam generation very slow. I'm looking at using the downsample parameter to speed this up, but I noticed that the ocean evaluate has a ‘max resolution’ parm also, so instead of globally downsampling both spectra, you can just set a clamp on the res.

However, I notice that unlike the downsample parm, the max resolution parm is not promoted on the ocean foam sop from the ocean evaluate that is inside. I am wondering if there is any particular reason this is not exposed? To my mind it seems a better option than globally downsampling both spectra (as with a downsample of 2, my low freq spectra would then go from 8 to 6 - too low, as well as the high freq spectrum going from 12 to 10)?

Any advice from people in the know would be awesome.

Thanks!
Elaip
hi dean ! did you find a solution to this? I can't see the foam generated in the render!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.