Search - User list
Full Version: Ramp Parameter Feature Request
Root » Houdini Engine for Unity » Ramp Parameter Feature Request
squaredanced
Hello! As we all know ramp parameters exposed in HDA interface via Unity Animation Curves works very slow (especially when multiple ramps being exposed in HDA interface). With other parameters (like float sliders) we can get used to this, for example, by clicking on a slider, without dragging it (so HDA doesn't have to recook on every tiny float value). But with animation curves, we have to drag points on it and we can't avoid constant recooking witch sometimes make ramp completely un-editable. Yes, we can disable “auto-cook on parameter change” but as soon we click off the animation curve pop-up window it disappears and we have to scroll to another part of the interface to see changes. So we find our curve, click on it, make changes, scroll up to “Recook” button, scroll back to asset interface, find our curve, click on it and so on. This all makes iterations and fine-tune of ramp-based assets very painful and tedious. My suggestion is if we have something like a tiny 'Apply Ramp Changes“ button in the Animation Curve Pop-Up window to update ramp changes without disabling auto-recooking. (I saw in your code that there is no direct way to apply changes to Houdini ramp from animation curve). To make things clear - ramp parameter updates only after pressing the button, not constantly. This will make our lives so much easier. Or you can prevent pop-up window from disappearing so we can scroll up to ”Recook" button. It is very frustrating that one of main procedural modeling feature gets almost unusable most of the time in Unity. I hope at least one of my suggestions is possible to implement. Thank you in advance!
seelan
Please submit an RFE for this.
squaredanced
Done! It would be great if you can do something with this issue! Also, have a look at the curves in the Unity Particle System. As I understand it is not that easy to access them outside of the Unity particle system but they look just right and they don't disappear as standard animation curves as soon as you click somewhere else. Wish you a good day)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.