Search - User list
Full Version: Meerkat
Root » Work in Progress » Meerkat
anon_user_89151269
Working on this currently.
I'm struggling with a problem - when I paint around the eyes, on one side the strokes fail to register correctly. If I navigate around and paint from various angles, I get it to match pretty closely, but it's very annoying.
The model is not perfectly symmetrical, it has points that very slightly differ in position from their mirrored ones, but the issue manifests itself only around the upper eyes part.
Any ideas?

later edit: sharing the scene file is not practical, due to its complexity. I guess I just need a confirmation from someone that this is a problem occurring on other ends.
Otherwise I'll just come back with the finished work and hopefully a way to reproduce this bug or w/e it is.
gregjenings
Nice work, I don't know the solution to your issue but I have an issue of my own since you have almost completed your groom I am sure you can answer the problem I am facing. I tried mirroring guides and it works fine but on fur generation, I am getting a split line between original and mirror fur so I would highly appreciate if you can pinpoint what I might be doing wrong or what should be the process for mirroring correctly, Maybe what method you have used for your groom.
anon_user_89151269
@gregjenings
Hey,
I might or I might not be able to help you. I need some pics/explanations first (best to have both).
Did you create guides for half the geometry and groomed those and then mirrored them? Did you use a groommerge/groomblend to generate render hairs? Again, pics or a detailed explanation of what you did.

p.s. I'm far from finishing this meerkat groom.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.