Search - User list
Full Version: Heightfield File
Root » Houdini Engine for Unity » Heightfield File
Alex Amos
Hi all,

Using a Heightfield File node

I input a GeoTIFF and then use match size node with an .obj

This creates should creates an accurately sized Heightfield for me to work with.

When I try run this step in Unity via the Houdini Engine, an empty object is created with the HEU_GEO Sync (Script) on it.

The File Path is correct.

Under Sync / Unload, I have:

Log: ERROR: Unable to generate terrain data from volume parts.

Could anyone please help?
seelan
There is probably another error line above the one you posted which logs the actual error. It looks like either you aren't using a square size (same width and length), or its not a valid heightfield. Is the output node's info panel showing valid heightfield properties? Please post a screenshot of it.
Alex Amos
Hi seelan,

Thanks for your reply.

seelan
There is probably another error line above the one you posted which logs the actual error.

Where would I find this line above? I dont seem to be able to find another place where there are errors showing for this.

seelan
It looks like either you aren't using a square size (same width and length)

Does the incoming heightfield need to be a 100% square ? at the moment, it is off by a few units.

seelan
Is the output node's info panel showing valid heightfield properties?

I believe it is - It has all 18 Attrs that a freshly created Heightfield has, please see the attached snip for more detail.
seelan
Looks like it is using a 740x733 sized heightfield which Unity doesn't support. It needs to be a power of 2 + 1 size. Please see https://www.sidefx.com/docs/unity/_terrain.html#Terrain_Size [www.sidefx.com]
Alex Amos
Hi seelan,

Thanks for the reply again - I didnt realize that the masks need to be to the power of 2 + 1 - after I saw your last message, I did my best to try to “squarize” the terrain without scaling it (I cropped it down)

I now see that the GeoTIFF that I am using was not square and is at super low resolution, which I am sure has been my problem since the beginning.

I'll see if I can get a bigger and square one and will provide feedback

Thanks again <3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.