Search - User list
Full Version: Unity 2019.3b Unable to Generate Instance
Root » Houdini Engine for Unity » Unity 2019.3b Unable to Generate Instance
mephistonight
Hi,

Has anyone else used the Houdini plugin in Unity 2019.3b? When I add an HDA to the hierarchy I'm unable to build / cook the asset. I get the following warnings:

Part with id 1 is missing. Unable to generate instance! UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarningFormat(String, Object[]) HoudiniEngineUnity.HEU_PartData:GeneratePartInstances(HEU_SessionBase) (at Assets/Plugins/HoudiniEngineUnity/Scripts/Asset/HEU_PartData.cs:556) HoudiniEngineUnity.HEU_GeoNode:GeneratePartInstances(HEU_SessionBase) (at Assets/Plugins/HoudiniEngineUnity/Scripts/Asset/HEU_GeoNode.cs:574) HoudiniEngineUnity.HEU_ObjectNode:GeneratePartInstances(HEU_SessionBase) (at Assets/Plugins/HoudiniEngineUnity/Scripts/Asset/HEU_ObjectNode.cs:425) HoudiniEngineUnity.HEU_HoudiniAsset:GenerateInstances(HEU_SessionBase) (at Assets/Plugins/HoudiniEngineUnity/Scripts/Asset/HEU_HoudiniAsset.cs:2236) HoudiniEngineUnity.HEU_HoudiniAsset:FinishRebuild() (at Assets/Plugins/HoudiniEngineUnity/Scripts/Asset/HEU_HoudiniAsset.cs:915) HoudiniEngineUnity.HEU_HoudiniAsset:ProcessRebuild(Boolean, Int32) (at Assets/Plugins/HoudiniEngineUnity/Scripts/Asset/HEU_HoudiniAsset.cs:710) HoudiniEngineUnity.HEU_HoudiniAsset:AssetUpdate() (at Assets/Plugins/HoudiniEngineUnity/Scripts/Asset/HEU_HoudiniAsset.cs:541) HoudiniEngineUnity.HEU_AssetUpdater:Update() (at Assets/Plugins/HoudiniEngineUnity/Scripts/Asset/HEU_AssetUpdater.cs:68) UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

There are three of these warnings. The HDA is built with Houdini Indie 17.5.229 and I have the latest plugin installed.

Any help debugging would be much appreciated.
cg-jm
since this is not answered here, I had the same problem and found the solution. the material in unity is not applied to the terrain correctly since there is no material on the terrain component, it is not able to draw instanced. unchecking the draw instanced checkbox renders the terrain although since it has not material its pink. assigning the correct material solves the issue also the instanced drawing does work then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.