rigid body - objects dont come to rest

1668   2   1
45 posts
hi,

i am prototyping a rigid body simulation and running in some problems.
i want to fill up a container with simple boxes. a character is also in this container, which will move the boxes later around in animation…

my setup is like that:
-a grid above the container scatters points, then copy to points boxes with random orient attribute. this is turned into rbd.
when i simulate, the boxes fall into the container but they never come to rest, they move all the time, like trying to find their rest…
i tried almost every parameter in the rbd solver without success. also tried the collision and physical parameters…
does anybody have a hint how get a stable sim?
13 posts
Does the drag force work? If you copy the gravity Y value, and paste the relative reference into your goal velocity in your drag, that way the drag wont slow down the falling objects. Also, you could try playing around with the ‘targetv’ attribute.
45 posts
i tried also with a pop drag force, but its not better.
i also tried to set up a pop solver in combination with the rbd solver for emitting particles one by one that behaves like rbd, but i failed. couldnt even get the setup work…
i ended now making it all in maya with mash-dynamics wich works very good out of the box…
  • Quick Links