Search - User list
Full Version: Simulate vellum only with grouped points
Root » Houdini Indie and Apprentice » Simulate vellum only with grouped points
Mennphys
Hey there!

I just started to use houdini, and I'm struggling a little bit here…

I'm using a animated sphere with a Transfer Attribute node to add and remove points to a specific group.

This image shows the result from this transfer attribute:

This group, named Pin_Release, I want to control where a vellum solver will simulate the mesh. In this case, the red area in the image should be simulated.

The goal with this project is kind to “Fade” the simulation, according the red growth.
Jerry Hat
I think the best approach is to simulate the whole mesh and set the Pin to Animation constraint to Stopped for the items you don't want to move. But someone will be along shortly who knows.. hope this helps…
Gray
Benjamin Lemoine
Hello ,
You could do as Jerry Said and if you need to animate the pinned group you could do like in this example file.

Benjamin
Andre Ilges
Benjamin Lemoine
Hello ,
You could do as Jerry Said and if you need to animate the pinned group you could do like in this example file.

Benjamin

AWESOME!

This is what I need. I didn't know that I could “animate” a point group this way. I was doing it in a very different and hard way, believe (I was using transfer attribute and colors to achieve this. ;P).

And now… How did you do it?

I'm taking a look at your file and I'm trying to do the same, but is not working. I'm even paying attention to the Bold properties (once the Bold text shows what you changed), but nothing…

Did you do something special about the “topin” group and the SopSolver?
Benjamin Lemoine
Hello
Yeah there's is something inside the vellum solver , in the sop solver. I'm copying the group and giving a mass of zero to point that are in the group.

Otherwise it's just the sphere that is moving and changing the group….
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.