Search - User list
Full Version: Noob question: Chaining HDA Processors
Root » PDG/TOPs » Noob question: Chaining HDA Processors
blubbmedia
First steps in PDG, the plan is to PDG-ify a big project. We have many custom HDAs that need to be chained together.

I've successfully chained two different HDA Processors where the output of the first is the input to the second. This works correctly when both processors are set to “Write Files” and the second has “Create File SOP Inputs” activated.

However, I don't want to write the output of the first HDA Processor to disk. I just want it to pass its output geo directly to the second processor like it would in SOP world. Can this be done?

The problem is that we will have a lot of different HDAs, and I really don't want to write every little substep to disk.
BrookeA
For chains of HDAs where you don't need the intermediate steps to be written out to disk, my current recommendation would be to use the ROP Geometry Output node. You can place a SOP network, chain all of your HDAs together, and then point the ROP Geometry Output to that SOP network and only output from the final node in the chain will be written to disk.

Let me know if you have any more questions about this setup!
blubbmedia
I understand, thank you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.