Search - User list
Full Version: Group node bounding object doesnt pick my object
Root » Houdini Learning Materials » Group node bounding object doesnt pick my object
Nusmad
Hellow guys!

I'm learning houdini by one of the applied houdini tutorials, he show that enabling bounding object the points that the glue created, will be isolated for future removal, i dont knwo wants happening. He is using houdini 15.5 so maybe its something related with the version but i looking everywhere and nothing helps. Hope you can!

This is the applied houdini screen:
goldfarb
Turn OFF Base Group
or remove the 1 from it's field
Nusmad
goldfarb
Turn OFF Base Group
or remove the 1 from it's field
Thanks for your reply, unfortunatly, that didn't fix my problem I turned off Base Group checkbox and still not have any points inside the group. Is there any other option?
goldfarb
strange…
are you able to attach your file?
Nusmad
goldfarb
strange…
are you able to attach your file?
Sure!

I revised every thing from the turorial but the versions changed and i have no idea.

The version that i'm currently working on is houdini 17.0.352
goldfarb
since this is a sim it looks like the get_metaball merge is only bringing in any geometry from frame 3 on…
I just cleared out the 1 from the base group and turned OFF Enable

and it seems to work just fine,

Nusmad
goldfarb
since this is a sim it looks like the get_metaball merge is only bringing in any geometry from frame 3 on…

Image Not Found
Seems that it doesnt work in my version, cause I tried to turn off the base group and clearing the 1 and that doesnt work either. I downloaded the project that you attached and no points inside too I will try to update houdini
Nusmad
Nusmad
goldfarb

Image Not Found
Seems that it doesnt work in my version, cause I tried to turn off the base group and clearing the 1 and that doesnt work either. I downloaded the project that you attached and no points inside too I will try to update houdini
I have updated my houdini version and definitely that was the solution, so maybe the version 17.0.352 has a bug with that node.

Thanks so much for your time and your help, I apreciated it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.