sub fracturing rbd?

1593   2   1
22 posts
I am trying to sub fracture the rbd after reaching some velocity. So i created a rule "when velocity exceeds some value, then enters the group and want to fracture them into more pieces.but i cold not find the solution. I'd really if someone could help me with right workflow or some tips.Here is a screen shot of my workflow. Thanks
Edited by Mazb1351 - Nov. 20, 2019 02:36:58

Attachments:
houdini.png (504.8 KB)

172 posts
Hi, I don't have an example, but overall this process is quite complex for beginners and usually it possible to achieve your result without it.
But it gives a more realistic look for sure. You can browse for “houdini dynamic fracturing” there are some great hips that can help you.
There is also a sidefx node [www.sidefx.com] you can use explore.
I contribute to the beauty of this world
22 posts
IL
Hi, I don't have an example, but overall this process is quite complex for beginners and usually it possible to achieve your result without it.
But it gives a more realistic look for sure. You can browse for “houdini dynamic fracturing” there are some great hips that can help you.
There is also a sidefx node [www.sidefx.com] you can use explore.

Thanks.hmmm looks quite difficult to achieve the result i want but in other program this looks 5 minutes setup. I'm really curious how its done in houdini. thanks for sharing reference though.
  • Quick Links