Search - User list
Full Version: multiple shader distribution on one Object
Root » Houdini Learning Materials » multiple shader distribution on one Object
gregjenings
I need to distribute multiple shaders on a single object without using groups as I want a smooth transition from one material to another. In this master class (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JQ673B6Y70) at around 32.49 they have achieved something like that using material ID attribute but I have no idea how I can get the desired result. Being a beginner I highly appreciate if someone could help me out and generate a reference file for my better understanding.
Midphase
Not much of a Master Class if they don't really explain how they did it..huh? I personally find it a bit annoying because as Houdini users we actually want to see the node trees and get an explanation of exactly what the process is, and so many times they just don't tell you.

From what I can gather, they simply painted Cd information on the model, using I assume the paint node, and then routed those Cd values to affect the Arnold hair melamine input?

From my point of view, it's still better and more artistically intuitive to use an app like Substance Painter or the upcoming free Quixel Mixer which will allow painting right on the geometry.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.