Houdini Crowd to UE4

2243   1   0
1 posts
Hi all!

I am wondering what the best method to export and import a crowd made in Houdini into UE4 would be?

I've tried Game Dev VAT ROP but for some reason my RBD sample shader code leaves out some key aspects (see attachment)

I've tried alembic (which worked well in Maya) but it is a 5gb file and crashes UE4 consistently when importing as Skeletal ABC. Geo Cache worked successfully but the Geo is all mangled as if hit by a mountain noise.

I've tried exporting as an FBX but this also crashes Maya and UE4.
Thought of try a HDA as well but to no avail.

These methods have been exporting the crowdsource from the object level.

If you have any insight, advice or suggestions please let me know.

Attachments:
VAT_Mat.PNG (233.7 KB)

18 posts
BobbinAlong
Hi all!

I am wondering what the best method to export and import a crowd made in Houdini into UE4 would be?

I've tried Game Dev VAT ROP but for some reason my RBD sample shader code leaves out some key aspects (see attachment)

I've tried alembic (which worked well in Maya) but it is a 5gb file and crashes UE4 consistently when importing as Skeletal ABC. Geo Cache worked successfully but the Geo is all mangled as if hit by a mountain noise.

I've tried exporting as an FBX but this also crashes Maya and UE4.
Thought of try a HDA as well but to no avail.

These methods have been exporting the crowdsource from the object level.

If you have any insight, advice or suggestions please let me know.
Did you have any luck? Curious to know. http://www.rubendiazhernandez.com/houdini-crowds-to-unreal-a-use-case/ [www.rubendiazhernandez.com]
There are some infos here.
  • Quick Links