Search - User list
Full Version: Can HDA's have multiple outputs? For low and hi res geo
Root » Houdini Lounge » Can HDA's have multiple outputs? For low and hi res geo
proximo
Or is there a better way to put out multiple versions of geometry from an HDA?

I looked through the documents and a couple google searches, but i couldnt find anything on HDA outputs. The HDA properties even has a Max Outputs slider (along with a min n max input slider) but its usually greyed out or doesnt seem to do anything.
FDX3245
Place two output nodes in the Subnetwork/HDA (or however many you need). Inside each output node is an ‘output index’, 0 is for most left output on the node and so on. Inside the Edit Operator type properties, there is a ‘input/output’ tab, this is how you label the inputs and outputs.
proximo
I tried playing with those output nodes, but nothing was showing up in the HDA's settings still. Do they only work with subnet HDA's as well?
FDX3245
Make sure that when you place the outputs: You set a different index for each output node, and: You change the maximum inputs in the type properties to be at least as many as the number of outputs you have.
I'm not sure quite what you mean with your last sentence, your HDA should be a subnetwork to begin with. If you have a file I can have a look.

Hope that helps.
EricSheng
Check the built-in Vellum nodes, they're HDAs and have multiple inputs&outputs. Just do as they do.
proximo
Ah ya, thats better, thanks again!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.