Search - User list
Full Version: Multiple map baker issues with seams on UV and face edges
Root » Technical Discussion » Multiple map baker issues with seams on UV and face edges
proximo
I'm still really new to houdini, so i might be messing something up, but i'm just trying to bake out a few maps from a hi res chunk of rock to its low res version and i'm having multiple issues with the bakes. They both have normals and both are totally smooth if that matters. Oh and I'm using the latest production build of the GameDev Tools.

- The color map is darker when baked from the Map Baker vs the Simple Baker. The simple bakers outputs are what i was expecting.

- From both bakers the normal map comes out with seams on the UV islands edges. They're really noticeable in Unreal too. Doesnt appear to make a difference whether i use Tracing Mode: Nearest or Surface.

- The height map has seams where each of the low res geos edges are

The color and rough maps come out clean as far as seams go, atleast.
proximo
I get the same result from a simple noised up sphere:

The world normals look fine though, can any of the bakers convert that into a standard normal map?

Still not sure why the height map includes all of the face edges though.
alfyou
With respect to your issue with diffuse maps coming in darker, have you checked the “Convert to Image Format's Colorspace” in the rop file output nodes? You'll have to unlock the sop_maps_baker and dive into the cops_baking node.
proximo
I tried that and it did come out a little brighter, but not what i was expecting or what the simple baker put out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.