Search - User list
Full Version: [solved] USD render with 3rd party engines
Root » Houdini Learning Materials » [solved] USD render with 3rd party engines
brokenkeyframe
Are there any tutorials/documentation how to get (render) an image from hydra delegates(renderman/redshift/pro-render)?

I understand that I have to render scene from “stage or lop network” with usd render render node but had no luck with that with 3rd party engines(karma works just fine).
RonanCroyal
“Render Settings” > followed by a “USD Render ROP”, in which their is a dropdown menu where you can choose your renderer of choice.
brokenkeyframe
Thank you! But for example, RenderMan just renders forever in my case.

In previous 22.6 it was a checkbox, to disable incremental rendering, but I can't find that anywhere here. I bet 100% I will post this message and will be able to find it Anyway, just in case I won't, can you please share the tip on this one too?
RonanCroyal
Hmm, I don't know, It's working for me, I've just changed this because I wanted to see the list of Integrator, but I don't think it's changed anything from the default
brokenkeyframe
Changing integrator doesn't help. Even if I select “PxrVisualizer” it renders instantly in the viewport but doesn't render to the image. And for example, if I select frame range it just starts to render forever but nothing is rendered. Although that extra heat that comes from pc while rendering imaginary seq files on this winter day - can't complain.
RonanCroyal
Sorry, I can't help you with this one :/ I'm just starting with Renderman today so…
brokenkeyframe
I think it's a bug I'm having. Looks like I can render images 1280x720!!! If I render 1920x1080 or bigger ones, it renders image somewhere, but it doesn't save the image to the disk. Thank you for your previous tip, it is the way of doing it!
jsmack
brokenkeyframe
I think it's a bug I'm having. Looks like I can render images 1280x720!!! If I render 1920x1080 or bigger ones, it renders image somewhere, but it doesn't save the image to the disk. Thank you for your previous tip, it is the way of doing it!

Sounds like a license issue.
Siavash Tehrani
brokenkeyframe

It's a licensing issue like jsmack said. I'm getting watermarks in Karma and Redshift and my Karma renders also fail if I go above 1280x720. The devs are working on it.
brokenkeyframe
18.0.309 fixed the issue for me!
stevenshook
I could control the render time using the Pixel Variance.
jsmack
stevenshook
I could control the render time using the Pixel Variance.

Did you try setting the max samples? I think the default is 0 (auto) which is new in 23.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.