Search - User list
Full Version: BUG? Renderman 23 in Solaris H18.0.278.9
Root » Technical Discussion » BUG? Renderman 23 in Solaris H18.0.278.9
suesauer
Hey there, Please see attached video:

Problem one:
When I use the import all node into Solaris my sphere renders “white”, no lighting/shading info comes thru at all.
Problem two:
Switching between obj level and stage level crashes Houdini.

System : Linux Centos 7
Houdini: 18.0.278.9
RenderMan 23.0
mtucker
The Scene Import node only knows how to import Houdini light objects. If you look at the warning on your scene import node, do you see a message saying that it couldn't import the pxrdistantlight object? That's what I get…

I'm a bit confused because there seems to be a /obj/pxrdistantlight prim in your scene graph tree in the video. I'm not sure where that wold be coming from. If you could post a hip file that would let me hopefully see exactly the same thing you are seeing.
suesauer
I think the problem is that I thought, that if I had Renderman and the Renderman delegate for Solaris that I could use the scene import node the same way I would with native Houdini lights and shaders. Is this not the case?
mtucker
The Scene Import node can only convert standard Houdini OBJ lights and cameras to USD lights and cameras, not the Pixar-specific OBJ nodes. The RenderMan team would need to write the code to converts those Pxr OBJ level nodes to USD. Ideally they could do this as “plugins” to the Scene Import node, but the architecture isn't there to support this approach.
jsmack
mtucker
The Scene Import node can only convert standard Houdini OBJ lights and cameras to USD lights and cameras, not the Pixar-specific OBJ nodes. The RenderMan team would need to write the code to converts those Pxr OBJ level nodes to USD. Ideally they could do this as “plugins” to the Scene Import node, but the architecture isn't there to support this approach.

Like SOHO?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.