Search - User list
Full Version: Crowd randomly switch to different clips within state
Root » Technical Discussion » Crowd randomly switch to different clips within state
Tyler Britton2
I have a crowd sim where I am transitioning between different states which have different clips.
STATE_ADVANCE (clip_run)
STATE_ATTACK (clip_firing, clip_run, clip_prone)
STATE_RETREAT (clip_runbackwards, clip_die)

I have it setup where I can easily switch between different STATES using the crowd transition sop, that works well.
However I was wondering if once an agent transitions into STATE_ATTACK, that they randomly then transition between the three clips that I have for that state (clip_firing, clip_run, clip_prone). The Idea is that I have a bunch of troops advancing, once they get within a certain region they start attacking, however I don't want them just stuck on their initial ATTACK animation clip, I want them to randomly switch between them. I could setup each clip as a state, but I was trying to not have to do that since it will start to complicate my setup with once I start adding more ATTACK clips.
cwhite
If you're in H18, you can use the new Output Clip parameter on the Crowd Transition DOP, and optionally turn on Use VEXpressions to override the destination state and/or clip
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.