Search - User list
Full Version: Transforms and LOPs
Root » Technical Discussion » Transforms and LOPs
eldiren
Occasionally using LOPs I have issues using the transform LOP to move around things in the scene. I discovered 9 times out of 10 that if I drag the exact xform I want into Primitives I can usually get the object to move. It doesn't work on everything though, here I have a vellum grain sim that produces points in a SOPcreate. If I import that into LOPs I get a transform but no matter how much I move it the points don't change position. Since the majority of my scene is in LOPs I'd like to be be to move things around after the fact for layout.
mrCatfish
Not that the transform shouldn't work, but have you tried the edit LOP instead?
mtucker
Please post a hip file, or submit a bug…
eldiren
Here's the repro scene. I have two branches, one with a transform, and one with the Edit. In both cases I'd expect the points to move, but they stay anchored.
eldiren
Anything on this? Is it a bug, should I submit it? Or is it a limitation?
jsmack
eldiren
Anything on this? Is it a bug, should I submit it? Or is it a limitation?

Your file works fine for me.

(18.0.315)
mtucker
Sorry, I didn't see your reply. But also, it appears to be working fine to me too… What are you seeing that is not behaving properly? Are the Edit and Transform LOPs having no effect at all? Or is there some other erroroneous behavior you're seeing?
eldiren
In Houdini 18.0.287 I couldn't move points around with the Edit or Tranform LOP. Maybe it's fixed in 315. I have to check on some computer.
eldiren
In build 18.0.318 I've tested it and I'm still getting no effect from the Transform or Edit LOPs on the /sand/points_0 object in the test scene. The sand pig head stays at the center of the world regardless of how I move the transform handles.
mtucker
Maybe post a quick video? Here's mine…
eldiren
Playing around again I noticed it does move in Karma for me. Is that what you guys are using. In the video below you can see it doesn't move in Houdini GL or Arnold.

Image Not Found
jsmack
Mark's was houdiniGL. I also tested it in HoudiniGL without issue. I do not have Arnold installed.
mtucker
That's very odd, especially the stretch from about 0:10 to 0:15, where it seems you are doing exactly the same thing I was doing, using the same (Houdini GL) render delegate. I am still unable to reproduce this problem. This is a real long shot, but could you try removing the Arnold render delegate and see if the problem persists, using _only_ Houdini GL in the viewport (not even Karma)? Thanks.
eldiren
No dice, with both Redshift and Arnold plugins and delegates turned off I still can't move points around. Again prims are fine, this only happens with pure point objects. I have no way of removing Karma that I know of, but Karma still works for movement without the other delegates. The fact that it doesn't work for me in Houdini GL is worrisome. If it was just the delegates I'd think it was a bug to take up with them.
mtucker
I'm still not seeing this. Could you please submit a bug report? Then our support staff and other developers here can try to reproduce it… Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.