Search - User list
Full Version: RenderView for LOPS
Root » Technical Discussion » RenderView for LOPS
StefanA
Hello,
I'm wondering if there is a plan for a renderview that supports STAGE? Rendering in the viewport is going to be a bit problematic when you have large scenes. And be able to compare with previous render… well, you get the point

Anyhow, the STAGE context is the best thing since sliced bread

all the best
stefan
jsmack
yes

https://www.sidefx.com/faq/karma/ [www.sidefx.com]
Yuri Serizawa
Does this mean it will support 3rd party render engines to use the renderview?
It'll be a bit silly and very crucial if you can't use the renderview with 3rd party renderers, such as PRman.
Siavash Tehrani
I am wondering the same thing, whether there will be a “unified” renderview for all renderers, or if third parties will be responsible for implementing their own. Maybe it's too early to even ask as this point, SideFX mentioned that a render view is part of the “long-term” plan. I'm really hoping that's because USD is still a moving target and not because a render view is not a high priority. As nice as the Hydra IPR stuff is, it's no substitute for a full-featured render view/frame buffer, and without that it's really not a complete look-dev/lighting/shading solution IMO.
jsmack
Yuri Serizawa
Does this mean it will support 3rd party render engines to use the renderview?
It'll be a bit silly and very crucial if you can't use the renderview with 3rd party renderers, such as PRman.

The renderview already supports other renderers. Any renderer with a Hydra supporting plugin should work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.