Search - User list
Full Version: Solaris tut - Sean Lewkiw
Root » Houdini Learning Materials » Solaris tut - Sean Lewkiw
BabaJ
Looking at this series of tuts. And this one I am having an issue with:

Tutorial 1 - Assets Dept: Build

At the end of this tut, to see the results a Reference LOP is put down to bring in the *.usd file that was saved out.

After this a Set Variant LOP is used to select variants created earlier. (Just two, one of a barrel with lid and the other without).

However, in my setup I only get one variant(whichever one was established as default earlier).

I've gone over the nodes and tut a few times as I am assuming some error on my part, but I can't find anything I did different to cause the issue.

Was wondering if anyone might be able to spot the ‘error’?

Using Indie with daily build 318.
mtucker
Looking at the scene graph tree (Variants column), it looks like the variant exists on /Barrel/BarrelGeo, not on /Barrel? I'm not sure if this indicates a problem with the tutorial or your execution of it, but I suspect that's why you aren't seeing any variant choices in that LOP.
BabaJ
Thanks mtucker for the suggestion.

I tried changing from /Barrel/BarrelGeo up to just /Barrel with no luck.

However, on the Add Variant(End Block) node I went through all the parameters, setting and re-setting them.

And this seemed to clear everything up - works now.(the variants are available).

When I thought about it, I remembered I initially wired the block wrong to begin with, so it may have bound up some internal setting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.