Condensation on deforming objects

3523   3   2
1 posts
Hi,

So I'm trying to have water droplets form on a deforming object(melting object) however the droplets go crazy and do not follow the surface. When I've tried this on a non-deforming object, its worked fine - so individually the simulations are fine but I'm not sure how to combine them. If you could help at all I would really appreciate it, I dont normal post on here (in fact this is my first time), but I'm really struggling to work my head around this.

Thank you!!!!!!!

Attachments:
Ice test 76.hipnc (2.6 MB)

67 posts
I have to admit, I am a bit impatient to have a look at your HIP, but usually when your points “go crazy” that is because you have different positions between frames, or different point/poly counts. Have you tried adding UVs and work with them? maybe some kind of timeshift/trail and attribute transfer could help…
Basically you need to know where your points should go, and how this “target” position moves around.

BTW, I do NOT know that much, just suggesting, maybe that helps? At least I hope so.

(less than 10hours left)
172 posts
Hi,

I quickly looked at your setup.
Try to separate your simulations first. Don't keep the flipsolver and particle solver in one dop, it's just easier to work when you have separate logic steps. As far as I can see there is no direct influence between these two objects?
it might fix your problem as well.
I contribute to the beauty of this world
172 posts
so, I think this should work better
I slightly updated the setup but it's not finished, just to illustrate the idea
is this the SESI example or yours?
if SESI I feel bad for people who have to learn based on such an overcomplicated not fully working materials…
p.s keep everything as simple as possible
Edited by Ivan L - Jan. 6, 2020 01:06:59

Attachments:
IceTest.hipnc (2.6 MB)

I contribute to the beauty of this world
  • Quick Links