Houdini 18, problems with Character Picker

1396   3   2
36 posts
Hi Friends,
I have problems with Character Picker: faleid when I click on select buttons: “No targhet nodes”. I tried with my new HDA and with “Simple Female” in Houdini 18.0311 and 18.0327, Windows 10.
No one problem in Houdini 17.5
It's a bug or something change?

Thanks
Gianmarco
18 posts
Hi. I'm fairly new to Houdini and just trying to learn how character animation works within this framework. Have tried using the character picker on Simple Female and Simple Male, and I'm also running into ‘No Target nodes’ on certain selections. And on the rest, even if I make a selection in the Character Picker window without generating an error or warning, nothing seems to happen in the Viewport (none of the controllers get selected and I don't get the Handle tool's rotate or translate gizmo popping up as seen on varied tutorials). Also noticed that if I have my mouse within the Character Picker's image and I hold CTRL while scrolling the Mouse Wheel, the image scales up or down, losing all of the red, blue, and green control boxes if it gets too small, and going out of alignment with the picture of the character even if they don't disappear.

Does anyone know if Character Picker is working with Houdini (I'm using 18.0.348 Apprentice)?
Anything I should try doing?
Thanks for any suggestions.
36 posts
Hi. Download last version. All this problems are been fixed (in fact from daily build version 18.0.349).
best regards
Gianmarco
18 posts
Hi @sirenesoong - thanks for the suggestions. Installed the new version of Houdini, and I do get the rotate/translate gismo popping up when I select a box in the Character Picker window.

All of the IK's now work along with several other controls on main level; and the Fingers and Face tabs all seem to work as intended.

But I'm still not getting any functionality for the hands or feet when I try to use the regular FK control (IK works fine) - and just discovered I can bring up the rotate tool with IK active and rotate the hands or feet that way, so this actually gives full functionality now.

But out of curiosity, do the regular FK controls for hands and feet work for you?
Do I need to do something to disable the IK before using the regular controls for hands and feet?

Thanks.
  • Quick Links