CheckPathMapping missing in PDGDeadline plugin

1521   2   0
61 posts
Hi,

when running a PDG job using the Deadline scheduler, if ran from a Windows machine the Startup Directory parameter will obviously be a Windows path.

As of Houdini 18.0.287, there is nothing in the PDGDeadline plugin that is remapping the startup directory path if the job is ran by a different system. Additionally, the jobDir is being used for the taskFilePath and also doesn't get remapped.

Using RepositoryUtils.CheckPathMapping() on startupDir and taskFilePath solved some issues for me but not all of it yet, it seems like $HFS and $PDGDIR don't get properly remapped either even by adding $HFS to the mapped paths list as explained in the help (which I'm not convinced about when we need to control the Houdini version dynamically).

Am I missing something or is there a chance this get fixed in a future build ?

Thanks!
Chris
571 posts
The jobDir and StartupDirectory path mapping will be fixed in the next daily Houdini 18 and 17.5 builds.

$HFS and $PDGDIR should be working working though, if you escape it with \ (e.g. \$HFS), and have it mapped in Deadline. Please post the HIP file or Deadline parm interface and mapped paths screenshots if its not working.
Edited by seelan - Jan. 7, 2020 13:34:20
61 posts
Thanks for the quick answer and fix!

We will test it out and let you know if it's all good.

Cheers
Chris
  • Quick Links