Reset original Houdini nodes (digital assets)

3368   4   2
24 posts
Hi,

If I have changed a Houdini node, like the PolyPath, which is an HDA, how do I reset it back to the original version?

Thanks,
2536 posts
Yeah, never unlock and re-save a system HDA that ships with Houdini.

I think the fix I used on Windows was to locate the current version of the Houdini18.0 folder, under My Documents and moved it to the desktop. Then launch Houdini again. When Houdini finds no folder exists, it will recreate the folder structure and restore the original node's functionality.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
385 posts
Enivob
Yeah, never unlock and re-save a system HDA that ships with Houdini.

I think the fix I used on Windows was to locate the current version of the Houdini18.0 folder, under My Documents and moved it to the desktop. Then launch Houdini again. When Houdini finds no folder exists, it will recreate the folder structure and restore the original node's functionality.

I added an extra tab to the bake texture ROP and for some reason some pre-existing tabs disappeared. It wasn't locked i just messed around in the Type Properties because i needed the Limits tab. How can i revert back to the original ROP?

if i do the fix you proposed, after you reopen Houdini i you move your otls back to the newly created folder structure? What about the houdini.env file?
8549 posts
papsphilip
I added an extra tab to the bake texture ROP and for some reason some pre-existing tabs disappeared. It wasn't locked i just messed around in the Type Properties because i needed the Limits tab. How can i revert back to the original ROP?
that node is in the file called
$HFS/houdini/otls/OPlibScripted.hda
every time you save the hda, a backup copy is created in /backup folder

so in your case go to
$HFS/houdini/otls/backup
locate OPlibScripted_bak*.hda file with the lowest date, which will hopefully be the original one
and overwrite the current OPlibScripted.hda with it
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
385 posts
good to know! this time i actually recovered a previous hda from my system backup.
  • Quick Links