What happened to .bchan export and/or how do I get it back?

1196   3   0
537 posts
Hi, I've noticed export options for .bchan, and .chan out of CHOPs went away around version 17,18. I'm open to a few workflows, but basically. This was probably the most useful export for me.

1. .chan files can read into nuke, maya.
2. I can use .bchan and then convert it to a 32-bit float wave file, preserving the dynamic range of sound

So, other than read a .bclip into an older version of Houdini. Are there any conversion utilities or perhaps .. export flags on the .wav export? I could use the options.

Thanks in advance
8538 posts
andrewlowell
Hi, I've noticed export options for .bchan, and .chan out of CHOPs went away around version 17,18. I'm open to a few workflows, but basically. This was probably the most useful export for me.

you should still be able to save .chan and .bchan, unless you are using apprentice (not sure about Indie or Edu)

EDIT: not sure what you mean by export options (the dropdown menu?), but houdini will save files based on extension, where .chan and .bchan are still valid formats
Edited by tamte - Jan. 13, 2020 00:05:11
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
537 posts
Ah, Gotcha. Yeah my Indi license isn't happy with it. Same with my H16. That's too bad
8538 posts
If that's the case, maybe you can request the chan/bchan limit to be lifted for Indie

Anything is possible since .usd limit was removed too
Edited by tamte - Jan. 13, 2020 19:44:24
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links