Search - User list
Full Version: Hqueue 2020 questions
Root » Technical Discussion » Hqueue 2020 questions
Grendizer
Hello, I finally managed to setup Hqueue and it's great!
I have some more questions :

- Is it possible for Hqueue Clients to prevent Windows from sleeping as long as they're rendering?

- If all my PC are rendering through HQueue, but after a while, I want to stop rendering on one PC because I want to use it. I think I found how to do this : go to Hqueue Server Web GUI > client button > check the PC I want to stop > button “disable”. Is this the correct way?

- Same question as before BUT I want the runaway PC to stop its current job before quitting: finish rendering the current frame before quitting the farm. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks a lot,

Gz
BabaJ
- Is it possible for Hqueue Clients to prevent Windows from sleeping as long as they're rendering?

I know nothing about Hqueue but in windows under power options of control panel you can set windows to never sleep.

But I'm assuming you want to keep that option on but only stop from sleeping while rendering?
Grendizer
Yes. For this kind of things I use Shutter from http://www.den4b.com. It monitors a process and keeps windows from sleeping as long as the process is running. For Hqueue Client I could have it monitor hython.exe. But the proble is that hython.exe plays hide and seeks: it seems to disapear when a frame render is finished and reappear when a new frame starts to be rendered.
Angel Fucaraccio
Grendizer
Gz

In Windows energy settings change it to always on.

Grendizer
- If all my PC are rendering through HQueue, but after a while, I want to stop rendering on one PC because I want to use it. I think I found how to do this : go to Hqueue Server Web GUI > client button > check the PC I want to stop > button “disable”. Is this the correct way?
Gz
Go to the job id and find the frame you want to stop. At the bottom you have an “eject” options, this will stop the render in that machine and another pc will pick it up from where the previous one left it.
Grendizer
Hello Angel, thanks for the answers. Some more questions :

- If I click the “eject” button, will the client finish its frame render before exiting?

- I changed the Hqueue default port from 5000 to 5020 because my NAS's web GUI is alos using port 5000. But I wonder if it was really necessary? Would there be a real conflict if I put Hqueue back on port 5000?

- In my Houdini scene > out > I have several mantra nodes. Can I use a single Hqueue node and tell it to render all of the Mantra nodes, one after the other?

- Can I access Hqueue Render Web GUI from the internet if I'm not at home?

- Hqueue server is not sending me emails. Is there a log I can check for the error?

- My test job ran fine on all my clients, but now I tried a real render job. I get the “abandoned” status. All my clients are running and able to access http://serverMachine:5000 . In Hqueue Server web gui > job ID > subjob id (prepare render job) > status log view > I get this cryptic message : “January 23, 2020 11:36:47 AM Abandoning 2 (running) since the client isn't reporting on its status. Client says it's running (), and I think it's running (2)”. So how can I fix this?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.