Render Window actual resolution?

2988   9   2
225 posts
If I zoom and pan in the Render Window, is there a way to set the view to the actual resolution, like a hotkey or button?
2529 posts
Try SPACE-G with your mouse inside the window that you want to “GO” to home.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
225 posts
Space-G only seems to centre the view, not expand it to its full resolution.
171 posts
think you can expand view only with Ctrl+B and to the full-screen not to the render's view resolution
225 posts
That's useful, too. In Arnold (Maya) you can zoom to true resolution with a hotkey.
52 posts
True resolution is critical, but is one of the many missing basic features of the new renderer as far as I know
VFX Supervisor @ Helmet Films & Visual Effects
http://www.helmet.no [helmet.no]
7741 posts
Am I missing something? I just hit ‘g’ or ‘h’ to home the render view and it resets the zoom to 1-to-1 and centers the image.
52 posts
I think we may be talking about different things
With Mantra we have the “Render View” which does indeed have 1:1 or “true resolution” homing.
With Solaris and Hydra delegates the closest thing we have right now seems to be the “Image viewport” which does not have this.
VFX Supervisor @ Helmet Films & Visual Effects
http://www.helmet.no [helmet.no]
225 posts
@alexsomma: How do you get true resolution in Mantra Render View? I can only zoom manually to make the image closer to real resolution. The G key just centres the scene.
7741 posts
alexsomma
I think we may be talking about different things
With Mantra we have the “Render View” which does indeed have 1:1 or “true resolution” homing.
With Solaris and Hydra delegates the closest thing we have right now seems to be the “Image viewport” which does not have this.

I think the OP was referring the to Render View pane, not the hydra view.

litote
@alexsomma: How do you get true resolution in Mantra Render View? I can only zoom manually to make the image closer to real resolution. The G key just centres the scene.

If you are indeed using the Render View pane, then the G or H keys reset the zoom and center the image. This functionality is missing in the Scene View pane for Hydra(solaris) in the Image View mode.
  • Quick Links