Search - User list
Full Version: HDA losing parameters
Root » Technical Discussion » HDA losing parameters
julien-b
Hi guys,

I'm hitting a wall with this problem that I have not been able to circumvent with my HDA losing parameters from one iteration to the other.
The setup is as follow :
- I have a Multiparm Block controlling a for loop in the HDA to retrieve the parameters of the interface (iteration = multiparm #). All is working fine with most of the nodes I have. But a few of them are getting out of control (it seems to be the ones using VOPs actually, and/or ordered menus).
- To access the parameters from the interface, I use a Spare Input on the nodes (the metadata node of the for loop) so I can find which specific parameter I have to query.

You can see in this first screenshot the parameters I setup :

Once I Apply the change, and Edit the HDA again, some of the parameters are gone as you can see here :

And obviously, this is generating errors now that the parameters are not there anymore. The 2 nodes that are “losing” those parameters are AttributeNoise and Mountain, all the other ones are behaving as expected.

So I wanted to know if there is something wrong I'm doing or it looks more like a bug ?

Thanks a lot,

Julien
julien-b
One other thing to mention, once the HDA is created (from the first screenshot), it works just fine, but it's when it's being edited afterwards that it loses its parameters …
bobc4d
I had this happen to me as well. it was a fairly simple HDA it worked just fine but after saving it and making an edit I lost a number of parameters. I redid it a number of times with same result. using 18.0.325
julien-b
Interesting bobc4d, do you know which kind of nodes in was happening on ?
bobc4d
I included a screen shot of my node tree. after second time it deleted parameters I knew what I wanted and did it in one go and it is fine. here is screen capture of nodes and parameters. it is a simple HDA, I came back in and added the switch node then when I saved it, thats when my parameters disappeared. kinda odd this happened to both of us.
julien-b
FYI, I submitted a bug report (#102492).

Cheers,

Julien
rafal
Should be fixed in H18.0.365.

This was happening if a parameter was inside a multi-parm block an if it had a “parmvop” tag. This tag usually comes from Parameter VOPs, and most likely made their way to the Object HDA thru copy-paste. Anyway, these parameters should not disappear anymore.
julien-b
Amazing, thanks Rafal!

Until I switch to the next version, is it ok to just remove the “parmvop” tag on those attributes ?

Cheers,

Julien
rafal
Yes, you can remove the “parmvop” tags. They should not be there in the first place, since they make sense only for parameters of a node that has VOPs inside.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.