Search - User list
Full Version: Paint tool doesn't work with Universal Render Pipeline (URP)
Root » Houdini Engine for Unity » Paint tool doesn't work with Universal Render Pipeline (URP)
tzuchien_chiu
I've ported the shaders shipped with the plugin to URP, but the material doesn't seem to be actually replaced when I start to paint. However, the vertex colors are actually “painted” and passed to Houdini. The output is correctly, but my users can only paint blindly.

I've also tried to change the shader in the plugin settings, instead of modifying HoudiniSpecularVertexColor.shader in place, but it doesn't work neither.

I am pretty sure that the ported shader is correctly. To verify:
1. I create a material from the modified shader.
2. I replace the materia of the mesh which I want to paint with the material created in step 1.
3. I start to paint by https://www.sidefx.com/docs/unity/_painting_editing.html [www.sidefx.com]
4. I can see the painted vertex colors.
tzuchien_chiu
I've found the problem.

When painting starts, the material of the mesh is indeed replaced, but it was rendered behind the input mesh. It's not the case of the built-in render pipeline. I've not investigated much but it seems to be the problem of rendering order.

To workaround this, I pull the mesh closer to the camera by the vertex shader.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.