use sequenced images as texture with copy stamp

992   2   1
2 posts
I'm trying to use a series of numbered images as texture for objects that have been created with copy stamp. Currently I'm able to set images as texture in uv quick shade. Appending the texture path with $F loads sequential images depending on the current frame, but this is not what I would like to do. Each box should have its own texture. I thought this should be easy: just create an id attribute for each object and create an expression that appends the id to the texture path. But all my attempts to do just that have failed so far. You see I'm just starting out with Houdini and there must be a few very basic concepts that I have not grasped yet. Is there a simple way of doing that?
Thanks a lot for your support.
Best,
Oliver

Attachments:
Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-22 um 17.17.49.png (3.3 MB)

7740 posts
Since the uv quickshade only creates and assigns a single material, all of the copies will share the same value for the texture path, most likely the value of the final copy.

To vary textures with mantra, a possible method is to store a unique path attribute on each copy, which overrides the texture path parameter on a given material. Alternatively, an integer attribute can be used along with string concatenation in the shader to build the path within the material.

Attachments:
texture_variation.hip (460.2 KB)

2 posts
Thanks! This is very helpful! In the meantime I also found instructions for doing that here:
Mograph Multishader Setup in Houdini by Erwin Santacruz
https://houdinitricks.com/mograph-multishader-setup-houdini/ [houdinitricks.com]
  • Quick Links