Search - User list
Full Version: Procedural Neighbourhood Generation in Houdini
Root » Work in Progress » Procedural Neighbourhood Generation in Houdini
Kaloyan
Hi all,
I created this asset that creates a neighbourhood from input masterplan drawing. It actually consists of three assets, one created the actual masterplan geometry from the image, the other creates the buildings, and one more to scatter all vegetation arround. I'm still working on the buildings asset, actually changing it almost entirely, to allow for better performance on large scale blocks.

I was also testing the assets in Unreal Engine, trying to make them also to work good with Houdini Engine. I encountered a couple of issues, where the asset would act differently in Houdini Engine, compared to the actual Houdini, but overall it works like a charm.

Cheers!
Kaloyan
I'm in the process of modifying the buildings generation to have larger panels as packed primitives, so that the whole building consists of 10-20 or more repeating blocks instead of only the windows, doors and other elemts to be packed primitives. This allows for alot faster generation and lighter geometry. This is mostly usable for large scale apartment blocks like asian highrise..
Kaloyan
Continuation of my work on procedurally generated asian highrise. I have the algoritm to distribute the blocks, gotta work a bit more on the blocks demselves
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.