Crowd texture visualization bug

1587   4   0
310 posts
Hello,
The issue I am experiencing involves agents that come out of a sim. I successfully used the material stylesheet to vary the texture for each agent, which carries over to the render. The issue comes when I play my sim in the viewport, the textures disappear. I know they are still on the agents, because they render fine, the problem is only with the viewport visualization. Has anyone experienced this before?

Cheers
336 posts
This has been an issue for me as well, in Houdini 17. I've not looked at it in 18 yet.
310 posts
The workaround we found was caching the sim to disk first. Now, playblasting will be longer, but at least materials will be updated in the viewport every frame.
310 posts
Note, this was actually not a workaround, or a solution. Caching the simulation did not resolve the bug. It is still a viewport visualization bug, regardless of whether the sim was cached or not. It does not effect the render, only playblasts.
310 posts
SOLVED: Having a condition in the material stylesheet broke the texture visualization in the viewport. Adding a material sop to the agents with a shader on it seems to have fixed the stylesheet bug, as now the stylesheet textures are correctly persisting throughout the timeline in the viewport.
  • Quick Links