Implement batch mode

2376   2   0
209 posts
Hi,

How to properly implement batch mode? When I have some amount of workitem but only one command. Something similar as “ROP Fetch” node is doing with “Frames per Batch” option.

Unfortunately, I didn't find the source of “ROP Fetch”. Is it exist in Houdini distributive?

Thanks
Ostap
Staff
585 posts
The ROP Fetch node itself is implemented in C++ so the source is not available. The HDA Processor is implement in Python and supports batching as well, so you may find it to be a useful reference. That node can be found in $HH/pdg/types/houdini/hda.py. Batch work items require that job communicate back to PDG each time a subitem in the batch is completed. It may also be helpful to look at the HDA Processor work item job script for reference at well, which can be found in $HH/python2.7libs/pdg/job/hdaprocessor.py.

I've also attached an example file I built for Jens last year that demonstrates how to replicate the rop fetch using Python Processors. The work items cook using our rop.py job script, located in $HH/python2.7libs/pdg/job/rop.py. The example creates batches that are frame dependent on upstream batches, using two python processor nodes.
Edited by tpetrick - March 19, 2020 23:43:57

Attachments:
batching.hip (158.7 KB)

209 posts
Thanks Taylor, it is really useful links and attachment.
  • Quick Links