Search - User list
Full Version: Will there ever be Houdini Engine for Godot?
Root » 3rd Party » Will there ever be Houdini Engine for Godot?
rayalez
Godot is quickly gaining in popularity, and even though it's not on par with Unity/Unreal yet, it is an excellent game engine, pure joy to work with. I would really love to see Houdini Engine for it. Do you think that will ever happen?
mandrake0
I played with godot and made a instance exporter as a test. In my view it would make sense to create the levels in houdini and export as .tsnc files.
mandrake0
i updated my code currently there are at least 2 bugs where i have to invest more time into it. it uses gltf for the asset and i have to say a big THANK YOU TO SIDEFX for the gltf exporter.

can be downloaded:
https://github.com/Mandrake0/houdini2godot [github.com]
celpec
mandrake0
i updated my code currently there are at least 2 bugs where i have to invest more time into it. it uses gltf for the asset and i have to say a big THANK YOU TO SIDEFX for the gltf exporter.

can be downloaded:
https://github.com/Mandrake0/houdini2godot [github.com]

Could you tell me how to install the houdini2godot

I set the houdini.env,and export with Godot_scene_exporter,errors occurred like this:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “<stdin>”, line 1, in <module>
File “opdef:/Object/godot_scene_exporter?PythonModule”, line 35, in cookNode
File “opdef:/Object/godot_scene_exporter?PythonModule”, line 19, in copyFile
IOError: (2, ‘No such file or directory’, ‘/godot/template/instance/instance.gd’)

Maybe some steps has missed,but I don't know how to install completely.
Thank you very much,love this Houdini2Godot!
mandrake0
Use the houdini2godot.json file move into package folder.
Edit the file paths in the file and it should find the python class.

You can test it in the houdini python panel.

Import houdini2godot

if there is no error then it should work.

NOTE: i have only tested under windows.
aidexiaojike
曼德拉草0
I played with godot and made a instance exporter as a test. In my view it would make sense to create the levels in houdini and export as .tsnc files.
ok 你好,我是来自中国的设计师,我想需要godot能读取HDA文件的插件,因为这样就可以实时编辑和预览效果了。谢谢你。
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.