Displacement Maps vs Flip Fluid Simulation

2269   4   0
40 posts
Hi,

How do you cope with flip simulations and Displacement maps, since the displacement magnifies the geometry but it is not not recognised by the particles, the particles reacts only to what the collision tells them to do.

I've used VDB as a proxy collision surface but it doesn't quite fit to my model.

Any Idea or experience would be appreciated, thanks,

Romain.
40 posts
more precisely, if you use Displacement map on your geometry, how do make the particles colliding with the new geometry?
40 posts
I forgot I am using Redshift Render

Attachments:
displacement.PNG (26.7 KB)

40 posts
Hi, I found an alternative,my first idea was to use vdb converted to mesh in a separated Geo an used as a collider to recreate the displaced geometry.

second is : inside the DOP Network and the Static object node, setting an offset surface in the RBD Solver tab kinda represent some extra geometry, it works if it's uniform for my case it is a simple piece of cake, but if you planed to make the particles flows inside the cavity of the displaced object like in the drawing above it doesn't solve the problem.
40 posts
There is a thread that seems to solve the problem here:

https://forums.odforce.net/topic/7188-create-geometry-from-a-displacement-map/ [forums.odforce.net]
  • Quick Links